08 April, 2016

Empties! March 2016


Hey there! I'm getting rid of more empty stuff and sharing my thoughts as per usual...

Skin care

Jurlique Purely White Skin Brightening Cleanser (80g/2.8 oz) - I bought this tube Duty-Free on my way to Singapore last year because I'd forgotten to pack a cleanser so decided to splash out on a luxe one. This foaming cleanser did feel quite velvety and luxurious but I didn't notice any significant brightening effect and Jurlique is off my purchase list these days.

SODA & Co Lip Balm (Orange Splash)* CF - These little balm pots are so much fun and I liked the orange/cocoa scent of this one.  I have a cocoa pot to get through and I'll consider getting some more in future once I dwindle my backlog a bit.  The formula is lightweight and melts upon touch with the fingertips so it's like applying melted butter to the lips.

Hand and body care

Bath & BodyWorks Maui Shea & Vitamin E Shower Gel (88ml/3 fl.oz) - These B & BW products were another old vacation purchase tucked away for a rainy day which finally came as I work through my stash of non CF products.  The shower gel lasted quite a while as I didn't need to use much to get a healthy soft lather and I enjoyed the summery floral scent.

Bath & BodyWorks Maui Shea & Vitamin E Body Lotion (88ml/3 fl.oz) - This was a nice consistency for a body lotion as it was easy to rub in yet substantial enough to provide lasting moisture for my skin.


Avon Nail Experts Rose Cuticle Balm (11.5g/0.406 oz) - This cuticle balm has been long discontinued so I won't go on about it.  It did the trick and smelt like - guess what? - roses!

Crabtree & Evelyn La Source Hand Therapy (25g/0.9 oz) -  I enjoyed the summery marine scent of this rich hand cream.

Hair care 

Moroccanoil Clarify Clarifying Shampoo (250ml/8.5 fl.oz) CF - Damn I love this shampoo! Not just because it deep cleanses buildup from my hair but because the scent is AMAZING! Have Moroccanoil thought to bring out a fragrance because if they haven't they need to! I will definitely buy this again.

Cosmetics

My progressive tally in my 2016 Makeup Use Up is increasing oh so slowly:

8) Max Factor Masterpiece Glamour Extensions 3-in-1 Volumising Mascara (Black)* - Damn I wish this was a CF product because this has been my favourite mascara in recent times. It volumized and defined my lashes and the reverse cone-shaped brush was perfect for getting right down to the base of the lashes for separation and creating a fan-like effect. Sad. So sad.

9) Tom Ford Concealing Pen (02 Light Medium) - This was so expensive for such a meh product.  Would not repurchase even if I could. 

10) Rimmel Colour Show Off Lipstick (110 Pink Gossip) - This bright pink matte lippy is now discontinued.

I'm done and dusted for another month!

(Products marked * were provided for my consideration.  All comments and opinions are my own.)

1 comment:

  1. Nice work as always - I'm about to try that mascara for the first time and now I'm excited about it! I have that Rimmel lippy too but don't reach for it all that often as the scent is a bit too strong for me.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...