07 February, 2016

Review: A'kin Purely Revitalising Firming Night Creme

An undeniably enjoyable part of my cruelty free journey is venturing out and trying out different brands - the lure of the new! - and while the A'kin skincare brand has been around for some years I've only recently started dabbling more seriously in their range.

To share their story, A'kin is one of the natural skin and hair care brands from The Purist Company. Australian owned, The Purist Company has been focusing on creating natural and safe botanical products for the past 15 years and as a result all of their products are paraben free, sulphate free, toxin free, harsh chemical free, certified vegan and animal ingredient/testing free.  They are also a green company, avoiding excess packaging and using recyclable containers to avoid waste.

Bearing all of this in mind I was more than happy to take the opportunity to review some of the products in the A'kin skincare range, as not only am I committed to being cruelty free but I'm also looking for more natural, less toxic products to use on my skin. These are things that might seem so obvious, but only after years of me personally not thinking about it!

A'kin Purely Revitalising Firming Night Creme

A'kin Purely Revitalising Firming Night Creme is a newer product designed specifically for mature skin - that's me!!! Me with the drying out, sheet-printed face in the morning skin because my skin just doesn't bounce back like it used to. Alas the woes of aging...

A'kin describes this night creme as a "...luxurious anti-age night crème that will firm and lift to obtain smoother skin texture, visibly reduce lines and wrinkles and improve skin elasticity for a younger, youthful looking skin, naturally by combining powerful antioxidants, vitamins and Omega oils to create a night creme that will intensively hydrate and help stimulate your cell production while you sleep so you can wake up refreshed and revitalised looking your best, naturally."

The key ingredients are fragmented hyaluronic acid to stimulate collagen production, and Echium oil which is said to be a rich source of omega oil for reducing deep wrinkles and smoothing out the skin.


My impressions:
I've been using this night creme for a month so I have gone beyond the obvious first impressions but lets go through those anyway:  The first obvious thing as you can see in the pictures below is how lovely and thick textured the creme is - it doesn't budge out of the tub even when turned on its side!  Yet despite being so rich this rubs in and absorbs beautifully, even over facial treatment oils, so my skin simply looks and feels moisturised and not greasy in any way.  Ah yes, there is the barest essential oil scent but it isn't obtrusive in the slightest and fades away quickly - and I have to say that is a plus because my husband had issues with the scent of another natural night creme I'd recently used and half "threatened" to sleep in the spare room! No, I'm not kidding either!




And what do I really think after using A'kin Purely Revitalising Firming Night Creme for a month? They weren't kidding at all with their claims.  My skin looks soft and more refreshed in the morning and I have noticed the distinct reduction in those creases I can get on my face after my nightly 8 hours. They certainly iron themselves out faster too, so my skin appears to have more resilience and "bounce back" than it used to.  Okay, I'm hooked and highly recommend this product for women with mature skin.

*******************************

The RRP for 50ml is around $47AUD and I believe it's reasonably priced for a high quality product.
A'kin skincare is available from David Jones, Priceline, selected pharmacies and health food stores around Australia and online here.

Ingredients:
Water,Isostearyl Isostearate,Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter,Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil,Sorbitan Stearate,Cetearyl Nonanoate,Glycerin,Cetearyl Alcohol,Niacinamide,Ascorbyl Glucoside (Vitamin C Glucoside),Sucrose Cocoate,Behenyl Alcohol,Panthenol,Sodium Gluconate,Sodium Lactate,Arginine,Phenoxyethanol,Allantoin,Fragrance,Echium Plantagineum Seed Oil,Sodium Citrate,Myrciaria Dubia Fruit Juice,Ethylhexylglycerin,Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid,Piroctone Olamine,Xanthan Gum,Sodium Phytate,Methylsilanol Hydroxyproline Aspartate,Citric Acid,Citronellol,Sodium Hyaluronate,Sorbitan Olivate,Salicylic acid,Geraniol#,Potassium sorbate,Linalool#,Sodium Benzoate,Citral#,Limonene#,*derived from botanical sources, # component of the essential oil fragrance. 

Cruelty Free: Yes 
Vegan: Yes
Certified Organic: Yes


Until next time!


(This product was provided for my consideration.  All comments and opinions are my own.)

4 comments:

  1. Sounds awesome!! I might try and look for this after I'm done with what I 'm using now, but you are right-there are so many natural and organic brands in our own countries that we can explore. And that's the fun part about trying to use more natural products!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see that you have a lot of wonderful natural brands in Canada and the US! I can see swap possibilities down the track maybe? ;-)

      Delete
  2. That sounds like such a wonderful cream, I like the look of it in the pot and might have to check it out once I'm done with my current stash

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lovely product! Indulgent without overloading the skin!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...