07 November, 2015

Review: Al'chemy Gingko & Jojoba Intensive Moisture Hair Masque

This is the story of my hair. Well, I need to set the scene here a little bit at least...

My hair is generally very tolerant of all the abuse that's been inflicted over the years but occasionally it does let me know when it's a bit fatigued.  You see, my hair is that lovely incongruent combination of oily at the roots, dry at the ends and the situation only gets more aggravated by regular colouring, daily washing and daily heat styling.  The result is some rather fried looking hair ends framing my face so I end up with fluffy, dry looking hair and I'm practically screaming for a trim! 

I use quality shampoos and conditioners, and higher end styling products these days so I'm getting better with my hair but I'll admit I don't take the time out for hair treatments so there's room for improvement. Enter Al'chemy haircare from The Purist Company.

Briefly, Al'chemy is an Australian natural and cruelty free haircare brand. Their products are vegan and free from sulfates, parabens, ethoxylated petrochemical cleansers, propylene glycol, silicones, phthalates, mineral oils, DEA, artificial colours and fragrance. 

Al'chemy Gingko & Jojoba Intensive Moisture Hair Masque

The Gingko & Jojoba Intensive Moisture Hair Masque works to "treat dry, dull and lifeless hair with...a blend of pure botanic actives... such as pure Australian Jojoba and certified organic Avocado oil, Ginkgo and White tea, Vitamins E & B5, Rice Amino acids and Wheat protein, selected to help nourish and intensely moisturize for shiny, healthy looking hair."  

It's suitable for all hair types and Al'chemy say it's ideal for the following hair needs:  

"Helping to intensely hydrate hair
Helping to improve manageability and shine
Helping to protect colour"

My impressions:
Before reading the instructions I thought this would be a weekly treatment but this is a product that can be used every day if needed on either dry or wet hair by applying a small amount to the mid-lengths to ends of the hair.  I have been using it on my towel-dried hair, then blow drying and it only adds a few seconds extra to my morning routine.  I enjoy the natural botanical scent of geranium and patchouli (which isn't as strong as it sounds) and the masque also makes it much easier to detangle my hair before drying.

Once I've dried my hair I've immediately noticed the difference to its appearance as it now looks decidedly less dry and flyaway and more sleek and healthy and it just 'sits' better.  Considering my fragile hair ends have put up with the most prolonged abuse they don't look fragile at all since I've added this step to my daily hair routine. I don't do hair selfies very well but I've included a few so you can get some idea below.



I've definitely noticed an improvement in how my hair behaves and looks since using the Al'chemy Gingko & Jojoba Intensive Moisture Hair Masque so it has become a part of my morning routine.  It has not weighed down my "oily/combination" fine hair so I can see it how it would be suitable for all hair types.  If you're looking for a hydrating daily hair treatment with natural ingredients then I recommend you give this a try.


******************************************

Ingredients:
Aqua (purified Australian water), Cetearyl Alcohol*, Panthenol (Provitamin B5), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil (cold pressed, Australian grown), Behentrimonium Methosulfate(from GMO free Rapeseed), Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein (GMO free), Glycerin*, Lauryl Glucoside*, Sorbitol*, Rice Amino Acids, Glyceryl Laurate*, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil(certified organic cold pressed, Australian grown), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate)*, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Gluconate (from GMO free corn), Maltodextrin (GMO free), Citric Acid*, Squalane (from Olives), Pelargonium Graveolens (Geranium) Flower Oil, Pogostemon cablin (Patchouli) Oil, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Fusanus Spicatus Wood Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides Citrate, Elettaria Cardamomum Seed Oil, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Eugenia Caryophyllus (Clove) Leaf Oil, Citronellol#, Geraniol#, Linalool#, *derived from botanical sources, # component of the essential oils



(This product was provided for my consideration.  All comments and opinions are my own.)

2 comments:

  1. You have beautiful hair! I'm so lazy with mine. -____-

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...