12 March, 2015

Tag: Addicted to blush



I was tagged by my sweet Melbourne blogger friend Emma (aka emmabovarybeauty), and a self-proclaimed #blushfiend, to do the Addicted to Blush tag and the timing was ripe!  From a regular person with a meagre/normal collection of around 4 or so blushes when I started blogging in 2011, I now have in excess of 30 so I'd say that qualifies me as a blush addict, or to put it much more nicely, a #blushfiend! 

Now onto the questions and there are some toughies in there...
 
 
What colour blush suits you the most?
 (clockwise from top left:  theBalm - Hot Mama!, Tom Ford - Love Lust, Physicians Formula Happy Booster - Natural, Canmake - CL03, Face of Australia - Outback Nutmeg, Bloom Sheer Colour Cream - Coy, Smashbox Blush Rush - Chiffon , Revlon Photoready - Coral Reef)
 
I'd have to say any variation along the coral to peach spectrum because those shades add colour and warmth to my face and I don't look too dolly cheeked - and as you can see above I have no end of choices available in that colour family! I'll always gravitate to those colours first when I'm shopping for a new blush.  In spite of that...in my heart I would have loved to say bright pink because those blushes always look so pretty but in real life it just ain't happening baby!
 

 
Pressed/cream/loose blush?
Can I choose two out of the three options here?  I love pressed blush for the ease of application especially on bleary eyed mornings, when I'm getting ready for work before the sun comes up but then on the other hand I love cream blushes for how they give luminous life back to my sometimes flat and dull cheeks - cream blush gives me a very youthful dewy look.  If cream blush wasn't quite so fiddly I'd probably lean more towards the cream and I am collecting cream blushes more and more so once I have completely mastered the art of cream blush then you'll have to ask me again!

 
 
Favourite shimmery blush?
 (Left to right:  Physicians Formula Happy Booster - Natural, Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush - Mood Exposure)
 
In terms of shimmery blush choices, after sitting around being admired more than used for the longest time Physician's Formula Happy Booster in Natural has recently become an almost daily favourite for adding that naturally peachy glow.  Also I have to mention the plummy Hourglass Mood Exposure for the cooler months as I'm picking it up again. 


 
Favourite matte blush?
 (Left to right:  Illamasqua Powder Blusher - Naked Rose, Laura Mercier - Fresh Peach)
 
Now this matte blush seems to be just about everyone's favourite but, honestly, the one I reach for most consistently is Illamasqua Naked Rose for just the lightest wash of dusty pink on my cheeks - and it literally does take the lightest pat of the brush into the pan to pick up enough colour. Just to add something different from everyone, Fresh Peach blush in my trusty old Laura Mercier Lingerie palette is also a favourite pat and go shade.


 
Favourite cream blush?
 (Left to right:  Bloom Sheer Colour Creams - Shy, Coy, Tint)
 
I'm going with my little trio of Bloom Sheer Colour Creams because they were my first cream blushes and they feel so emollient on the skin without being too slippery, providing just the right amount of colour for a natural glow - even that scary old pot of Tint on the right translates to a soft berry on the cheeks. Of course I have to single out one favourite from the trio of favourites and that has to be the peach toned (of course!) Coy seen below...

 

 
Favourite drugstore blush?
(Left to right:  NYX Mosaic Powder Blushers - Rosey, Plummy)

My NYX Mosaic blushes in Rosey and Plummy are my favourites because of their versatility and also for the ease of getting a multi-dimensional look just by swirling the brush around the pan.  After consistently using Plummy over the past few years I always knew I would have to buy more from the Mosaic range and Rosey hasn't disappointed either. 


 
Favourite high end blush?
(Tom Ford Cheek Color - 01 Love Lust)
 
Tom Ford's Love Lust is a favourite not just because it's from Tom 'freaking' Ford but because the colour is a beautifully wearable peach shot with a subtle golden glow.  I hoarded this for ages (because of the Tom 'freaking' Ford factor and being too pretty to use blah, blah...) but once I started wearing it I realised this really is a quality blush from the velvety texture to the flattering warm glow it gives me.  It's too pretty NOT to use!
 
 
 
Favourite bright blush?
 (Revlon Photoready - Coral Reef)
 
Hmmm...I like blushes which may look deceptively bright in the pan but translate more softly on the skin and Revlon's Photoready cream blush in Coral Reef does just that.  I like applying this one with my fingers to melt the colour into my skin.


 
Biggest blush disappointment/regret?
(MAC Powder Blush - Immortal Flower)
 
I feel terrible knocking a MAC blush (of all things!) but MAC Immortal Flower was a disappointment because it just does NOT show up on me! It's extremely pretty in the pan but even for the once blush-shy me this is not enough.  I don't know...maybe I should try it again in the depths of winter?


 
Best blush packaging?

 (YSL Flower Crush Palette - Rosy Blush)
 
I'll interpret that as meaning the most attractive packaging and for me it was definitely YSL's Flower Crush Palette Rosy Blush from the 2014 Spring collection - I mean, just look at it *sigh*.  Those of you who've known me long enough will know just how obsessed I was with getting my hands on it and I don't regret it for one second.  And, yes, I have used it!
 
 
What's on your blush wish list?
I have two picks on my wish list:  Stila's  Field of Florals Convertible Color palette (hopefully on its way to me) and any of Milani's Rose Powder blushes.

 
Number 1 Holy Grail blush?
Ooh that's a toughie and I'm not going to stick my neck out that far - I'm still looking for that one perfect blush!! Until then I guess I'll have to keep collecting ;-)
 

****************************

Does anyone care to answer that last question?  What's your number 1 HG blush?
  
 

8 comments:

  1. wow, lovely pics. And that YSL look divine *.*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was love at first sight with that YSL blush!

      Delete
  2. Just gorgeous, thanks so much for taking part in the tag!! Loved seeing all of your top blushes, I haven't used my LM Lingerie palette in so long but every time I do it reminds me of you! I'm yet to own a TF blush and the thought of choosing a colour kinda daunts me, but I think to be a true blush fiend I at least need to swatch them all ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for tagging me Emma! My love for blush has only grown over the years and it's very much a daily staple so I have very much become a blush addict!

      So nice to know a little thing like the LM palette makes you think of me and yes, yes, yes...you NEED to swing past the Tom Ford counter for a swatch of their blushes! They're so velvety textured and pigmented :)

      Delete
  3. WOW! I had no idea your blush stash multiplied so quickly. LOL You're a worthy blush fiend, Vita!!

    I love your blush pics here. Kind of makes me want to give all of them a big hug, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww I want to hug them now because they're all much loved! I didn't realize how much blush I'd collected/accumulated over the past few years until I did the Instagram #30blush tag a few months ago - I thought I'd be near 30 but *cough* then I found out I had over 30! Nice to know there's a name for it and I'm proud to be considered a blushfiend! :))

      Delete
  4. Wow that YSL Flower Crush Palette is a stunner! I can see why it'd easily win the best packaging pick :) I'm quite partial to the Bloom cream blushes too. I had Dewy (I think that's what it was called) for a long time but had to chuck it because it was so old. I also bought Coy which is a lovely peachy pink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coy is so flattering! I have a suspicion I bought it because I'd seen it in one of your blog posts actually so you'll have to take some credit for that :) Don't get me started on the YSL - I was sighing over that for months before I bought it - it's truly a beauty!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...