17 February, 2015

My Valentines Day manicure (featuring FABY Innocent Fantasy and Valentina's Day)


Hello beauties!

I've come back up for air after another hectic few days around here so I'm posting my Valentine's Day manicure a few days after the fact. To those who celebrated, I hope you had a good one! We had a crazy busy weekend and hubs and I actually went out for Valentines dinner the following evening, which is a deliberate way of celebrating our way on our own (slightly "rebellious") terms.  Every day is potentially Valentines Day right? Okay at least I did find the time for an appropriately themed manicure...
 
I received a duo set of nail lacquers from Italian brand FABY in Valentine shades just in time for my speedy manicure - and I even managed some simple nail art this year! The brand is new to me so I've grabbed some info from their Australian site:  Originally launching in Milan Italy early in 2013 FABY have recently arrived in Australia. The lacquer shades are styled and designed, "...working in partnership with Milan’s leading garment houses who design and produce all the exquisite fabrics and textures for the world’s more recognised fashion labels; including Versace, Dolce & Gabbana, Salvatore Ferragamo and Fendi."  The lacquers are 5 Free so don't contain DBP, Toluene, Formaldehyde, Formaldehyde Resin or Camphor.

For my manicure I was going to keep it simple and stick with one colour so I applied two coats of the baby pink Innocent Fantasy for an understated look.  Application was smooth and easy to control with the medium sized brush and despite being a pastel this polish gave excellent opaque coverage.  I applied top coat as I was going to stop here...

Innocent Fantasy


...but the next morning I was inspired to take it just a little further with a little bit of simple nail art.  I cut a heart shape out of some tape to make a stencil and filled in my accent nail with a single coat of the pink toned red Valentina's Day...


Again I found the polish formula to be that smooth consistency, being neither too thick nor too watery so it was easy to get a controlled result.  I wore this manicure for two days so I can't comment on wear time but I have another colour to try for a weekday manicure so I'll put that to the test soon.

FABY nail lacquers come in a range of 205 shades and are priced at $19.90AUD. They are available from leading salons or the FABY website here.


(These products were provided for my consideration.  All comments and opinions are my own.)



2 comments:

  1. Really liking that soft pink on its own! I've yet to find one suitable for my skin tone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the milkiness of it - couldn't resist a little embellishment though! Lol

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...