19 July, 2014

Revlon: Divine

Although I bought this nail polish leading up to Christmas 2013 it just didn't feel appropriate to wear a shade like this until now - that's what happens with our upside down seasons!
 
Divine was released in Revlon's Evening Opulence collection and a deep metallic burgundy like this is just meant for cold weather and long dark evenings. It is truly beautiful at first but dammit this polish bubbled like a b**** just after I took my pictures - my subsequent online research tells me this is a common problem with this polish too.  I was so disappointed as even applying two layers of top coat couldn't completely disguise the issue. 
 
I'm pretty sure this is a dupe for OPI's Germanicure - which doesn't bubble - so if you fell in love with the colour like I did then don't go past the OPI option if you see it!
 
All pictures taken in indirect daylight:
 
 
 
Until next time.
 


6 comments:

  1. Lovely shade and it does remind me of that OPI. I'm not a big fan of this nail series from Revlon - more misses than hits IMO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been finding that too. I used to blame my top coat for the bubbling until I realised it was only happening with my Revlons. So disappointing because otherwise this colour is stunning :p

      Delete
  2. I have a shade like this - Lippmann Through the Fire! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh! I really need to add at least one Deborah Lippmann polish to my collection!

      Delete
  3. Pity about the bubbling, it's a gorgeous colour!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I was really disappointed about that. Such a shame :((

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...