24 July, 2014

REVIEW: SCOUT Mineral Lip Gloss

During the week I'm a lipstick lover but on weekends I'm a lip gloss girl! I like the ease of a gloss because (unless I'm wearing a bright shade) I can just 'swipe and go' sans mirror and it just doesn't demand the same kind of attention to detail and maintenance as that statement power lip can!
 
Of course if you wear a gloss with high quality natural and moisturising ingredients it's makeup's alternative to wearing a balm. Colour with benefits right? So that's how I look at lip gloss - obviously how it feels, wears and looks but also does it hydrate my lips? Yes there are glosses which can weirdly enough dry out my lips.  If you've ever experienced that unfortunate combination of sticky, flaky lips you'll know what I mean.  Having said that, SCOUT mineral lip glosses are anything BUT drying on my lips... 

 
In keeping with their safe vegan cosmetics philosophy SCOUT mineral lip glosses are enriched with "...Vitamin E Organic citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) and Jojoba seed oil help to make this lip gloss shiny, creamy, long-lasting and moisturising..." and are free of parabens, lanolin, petroleum derived ingredients, beeswax or any other generic fillers.

There are 16 shades in the range and I chose the soft shimmery coral Enchant and pretty pink-nude Heart to review:
 
My impressions:
Everybody likes to know about gloss applicators right? The applicator is a standard doe-foot which makes it easy for precise application and to build up a few layers of coverage on the lips:


The gloss itself has the faintest natural botanical scent and it kind of feels like melted butter on the lips - I mean that in the best possible way because this gloss is not sticky at all on application but feels weightless and smoothing on the lips.  These are not gloopy, or watery glosses but have a lightweight, sheer formula which doesn't bleed out everywhere.  Wear time is average for a gloss and they do need reapplying every hour or so - I can't say these are particularly long-lasting - but the moisturising formula meant I didn't mind reapplying at all.

"SCOUT mineral lip gloss Colours are sexy fun and fresh..."
The shades I tried are quite sheer and have just enough of a hint of colour to wear alone for a fresh natural looking sheen or can be used as a subtle lipstick topper.  I slightly prefer the pinky nude Heart for the colour and also because the shimmer-free formula feels extra silky on the lips.

Swatched L to R:  Heart, Enchant

 
And on the lips.  These colours do look very natural and understated when worn alone:
 
Enchant
 
 Heart
 
The verdict?  I like the idea of a gloss that treats my lips to a dose of much needed moisture so I'd definitely recommend these as a treatment as much as for a subtle boost of shine.  As far as glosses themselves go I think these are rather chic because they don't go overboard with wet shine so are suitable for all ages and not just youthful lips. 
 
Ingredients:
Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil* Polymer Mica (CI 77019) Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil* Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (orange) Peel Oil* Tocopherol may contain (+/-) Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate Tin Oxide (CI 778161) Silica Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) Iron Oxides (CI 77491 CI 77492 CI 77499) Ultramarines (CI 77007) Pigment Violet (CI 77742)
 
SCOUT mineral lip glosses are available for purchase from their online store here.
 
 
(This product was provided for my consideration.  All comments and opinions are my own.)

6 comments:

  1. Both look beautiful on you Vita :) loved them ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracy! I've been wearing Enchant a lot because I love a good pinky nude :)

      Delete
  3. My god, you've got your Galadriel face on again! Pretty glosses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!!!! OMG Lord of The Rings?! It's the fluffy sweater huh? ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...