07 March, 2013

February's farewelled products (2013 edition)


It's a little late coming but these are the products I said goodbye to last month. Without further ado...


Skin care

8) Olay Regenerist Thermal Skin Polisher (125ml) - Once I realized this wasn't a daily cleanser (I suffered from a sensitive skin episode from OVER exfoliating!) and used it a few times a week I found this was really effective in smoothing my skin.  The polish feels warm on the skin once it's activated with water and the micro-crystal granules do the physical exfoliation.  Good stuff - as long as you don't use it every day!

9) Natio Lift Skin Firming Serum (50ml/1.6 fl.oz) - I generally love Natio's products so I'm a little sad that I was underwhelmed by this serum.  It was a rather watery formula which would literally run off my skin if I wasn't quick enough to rub it in.  I can't say I noticed it did anything magical for my skin either other than add a little extra moisture.  I'm glad I picked this up at last year's warehouse sale and didn't pay full price.

10) Natio Facial Cleansing Gel (100g/3.52oz) - OK, I didn't love the serum but I did love this gentle cleanser.  It's a very refreshing green tea and cucumber gel that smelt fresh, gently cleansed the skin and rinsed off in an instant.  This was a lovely alternative to my preferred foaming cleansers and as it's pH neutral it can be used morning, noon and night - not literally of course! Well, morning and night anyway.

11) Missha The Style Lip & Eye Makeup Remover (100ml approx.) - I bought this a few months ago when I last stepped into a Missha store.  It's the same gentle, non stinging, dual-phase remover that I'm devoted to (shake it up, soak a cotton pad and gently wipe off waterproof eye makeup or long lasting lip makeup) and it was in a nifty spill-proof bottle.  I would certainly use this again.

12) Swisspers Naturals Aloe Skin Perfecting Facial Cleansing Wipes (25 wipes) - As far as wipes go these ticked all the boxes:  not too small, softly textured cloths with just enough product to cleanse thoroughly, and they were enriched with aloe vera so my skin felt comfortably clean afterward with no need to add any moisturizer.  And yes the packaging has that fantastic snap fastening opening to keep the wipes from drying out! 

 Hand and body care

13) Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Eventone Age Spot Hand Cream (60g) - I loved this rich hand cream and would definitely repurchase for its added SPF protection and skin brightening properties (see my original review here).

14) OPI Original Polish Remover (120ml - 4 fl.oz) - the only usual suspect this month. I average a bottle of this remover a month.

15) Avon Foot Works Cracked Heel Relief Cream (100g) - This humble but wonderful cream prevents my heels from becoming ashy or cracking.  I use it religiously every day during the warmer months and it keeps my heels looking soft and youthful with its concoction of ingredients including glycerin, canola oil(!), lactic acid and stearic acid.  A tube seems to last an eternity too so it's a great value product - although I do tend to snap these up whenever Avon does a 2 for 1 deal!

16) Crabtree & Evelyn Pomegranate, Argan & Grapeseed Deep Cleansing Hand Wash (250ml/8.5fl.oz) - I bought this for the most frivolous reason:  the satiny, ruby red hand wash looked so pretty and I just wanted to display it on my bathroom vanity! Pretty, yes, but also pretty harsh on my skin unfortunately and I found the exfoliating seedy granules a little too deep cleaning for my sensitive skin. I also had a beef with the pump packaging because I couldn't get the last dregs out of the bottle without watering it down. Not a repurchase for me.

Fragrance

17) Prada L'Eau Ambree EDP (80ml/2.7fl.oz) - This smoked glass bottle contained one my favourite scents and I'm sure I'll buy it again as it has such a classic air about it - I keep opening the cap to smell the fragrance as I write this.  The top notes are Cedrat Lemon, Mandarin and Neroli;  middle notes are Benzoin, May Rose and Gardenia; base notes are Amber blended with Patchouli, Vanilla and Opoponax.

 That's it for this month!
 

10 comments:

  1. I soo much prefer the new banner! It's much more open looking and friendly to the eyes! :) Great job on the empties- perfumes are soo hard to use up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm so glad you like it! It's much more inspiring for me too :)

      Delete
  2. You've done so well! It seems to take me forever to finish stuff (sigh).

    I like the look of that C&E product!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The C & E handwash was a little too harsh for me but then I'm always struggling with dry skin and eczema on my hands. The bottle does look lovely in the bathroom though!

      Delete
  3. A bottle of remover a month??? Holy smokes! D: (Which reminds me, my nails are painfully hideous right now, all chipped and banged up, ugh). And perfume! You finished perfume! Gah, I'm horrible with perfume. Worse thing ever, hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should have seen my hands a few days ago Larie - they were a travesty to my "occupation"! A few days too many between manicures lol!

      I know it seems like I use up a lot of perfume (perhaps I do?) but I don't like to have too many open bottles on my vanity so I tend to use them a little faster by limiting my choices. I do admit to wearing perfume EVERY day too! :p

      Delete
  4. You're a champ, Vita!

    I love how mangled some of the finished products look. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I just hate waste - I don't care how mangled things get cos I'm going to squeeze EVERY last drop out of them! Glad you appreciate it, lol!

      Delete
  5. I've got the AVON Foot Works cream too...I think? Or maybe I threw it out ages ago. Not sure. Man you're good!! Well done on all the empties!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...