27 March, 2013

BYS Glitter Dust for Nails: Pixie Powder

Today's glitter dust mani's a little more subtle than the breathtaking Moonlight Magic I featured last post but definitely pretty in its own right.

Pixie Powder's translucent white glitter dust reminds me of ice or white sugar crystals and to add interest there's also just a hint of blue/pink duochrome in the glitter (which is more visible in my 'Shade' picture).  I figured this colour was a little more wearable for mere mortals like me when venturing out of the house so I sported it for a few days to get some idea of the durability.  I was worried it might flake or crumble but it wore like render reinforcing my nails and stayed put until I decided to remove it - it was surprisingly easy to remove too which was a pleasant surprise for a glitter polish. 

Just getting in touch with my inner Snow Queen here...


Sun


Shade

Some of you asked about whether the glitter sheds everywhere - I'm happy to say it's pretty well anchored to the polish base once it's dried but I've also found out you can also apply a quick spritz of hairspray to hold the sparkles in place!

If you're enjoying these pretties click here to check out the entire BYS Glitter Dust collection!

Until next time

18 comments:

  1. Ooh, pretty...but definitely a more subtle version of the range. It's very demure, compared to the more outstanding blue you had on yesterday!

    I can't recall if this is the white that I was lusting after, or if that was a slightly different shade. Going to Chadstone tomorrow so I will check it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there are two different white shades in the range but I haven't looked into it. I look forward to seeing what you choose!

      Delete
  2. OHhhhh pretty!!! I need this one! This is almost prettier than the last one... almost!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're both so pretty in very different ways!

      Delete
  3. OOOOH I could see myself trying this one! Not that I don't love the blue (I do!) but this is subtler. Good to hear it wore so nicely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get where you're coming from because that's how I felt - the blue would be for an occasion but the icy white is a little more versatile and still very pretty!

      Delete
  4. Wa wa! So pretty!!! Hahahah "Getting in touch with my inner snow queen" -- perfect! I honestly didnt think these would be a hit to the shelves, but they've turned out to look great!! Must pick up one (or two. Or ten) for myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are addictive - once I saw them on somebody else's nails I just knew I had to try some - and now I find I want the lot too!!!

      Delete
  5. I love the iridescent quality of it but the unsmooth texture squeaks me out a bit. Nice to hear that removal isn't difficult though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess you either love them or loathe them - and they're not the most practical of finishes because they can catch on things! I have some of the OPI liquid sands and I'm yet to try them out - it will be interesting to see what I think of those actually because I was a bit reluctant but now I think I'll love them :)

      Delete
  6. Oh I like the look of that, great tip with the hairspray as well that would definitely make it all more secure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a very pretty shade for sure and great for winter I think - the hairspray tip is a good one and thanks to Norlin for that!

      Delete
  7. Hurro!!!! Super pretty!!!! It definitely suggests "snow queen" alright! You should try the pink Vita. Seriously. SUPER vibrant but cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely going for the pink because it looks so bright - plus a few others I think!!!

      Delete
  8. It really looks snow-ey :) Love the iridescence

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty amazing isn't it! I'd never tried anything like this before!

      Delete
  9. OMG so pretty! I didn't know bys had a glitter dust nail polish line. Thank you for sharing this wonderful post!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...