03 February, 2013

January's farewelled products (2013 edition)


It's already the beginning of my third year recording and sharing my thoughts on those emptied beauty products!  Last year I was on a mission to use up 100 products - this year I'm just going ease back, relax and not let myself get stressed about the numbers. On a silly, slightly random note, man, I do have an ugly bunch of products this month. It looks like the proverbial pile of rubbish. Not that it's how I feel about the actual products though...

Skin care

1. Neutrogena Night Calming Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes (25 towelettes) - I finished this pack almost a month ago, way back at the start of January.  These towelettes don't just cleanse off the makeup but apparently also have a "unique calming fragrance" to help "unwind" and prepare you for a "good night's sleep". Hmmm...I can't say I noticed anything remarkable in that department! Yes, they did have a pleasant scent but I don't think I felt any more zen than usual.  Besides that the wipes did perform well in the makeup removal department and because they're alchohol-free and felt quite moisturising I didn't need any night cream afterward. Not bad.

2. L'Oreal Youth Code Luminosity Hydrating Day Cream (50ml) - Although called a day cream, this can be used for day and evening to improve and even out skin tone.  I didn't realise how effective this was at correcting my complexion until I went away on holiday and left the jar at home - my cheek pigmentation became noticeably worse when I stopped using it!  I'm currently working my way through my backlog of facial moisturisers (and targeting spot removers) but I can definitely see myself coming back to this cream in future.

3. Face of Australia Purifying Cleansing Wipes (25 wipes) - I bought this pack for the bargain price of $4.  These alchohol-free wipes were as effective as any and non-drying.  A great budget option (other than baby wipes I guess?) and - while they are a little smaller than some of the other wipes on the market - for the price I don't think it matters if I occasionally had to use two to remove heavy makeup.

Hand and body care

4. OPI Original Polish Remover (120ml - 4 fl.oz) - My only criticism of this remover will be the price at $9.90 per bottle, or per month for me. 

5. Crabtree & Evelyn Lavender Age Defying Hand Remedy (100ml - 3.4fl.oz) - Whoa, with a name like that this hand cream promised a lot! I find lavender a very soothing scent so I used this hand cream as my overnight hand treatment.  The texture and appearance actually weirdly reminded me of antiseptic cream but the Vitamin C & E and shea butter formula absorbed quickly and did a great job of moisturising.  And the scent - I've always loved old-fashioned lavender so it was a perfect fragrance for drifting off...

6. Dove Visible Beauty Nourishing Body Lotion (50ml travel size) - I used this little lotion on holiday.  I found it very light and easily, instantly absorbed.  The pleasant fruit scent evaporated away and my sun-dehydrated skin felt silky and not at all greasy.  Because the lotion spread so easily and provided great coverage the small bottle lasted surprisingly well. 

Fragrance

7. Estee Lauder Pleasures Exotic EDT (7ml) -  I'm a bit of a fan of the original Pleasures and the sweet Pleasures Delight spin-off but I wasn't as enamored by the sharp edge to this variation.  Top notes:  Pink Grapefruit & Mango.  Middle notes:  Green leaves, Peony, Hibiscus, Lychee & Cassis.  Base notes:  Sandalwood, Amber & Violet Woods.

That's January 2013 summed up!

Vita :)

6 comments:

  1. Nice empties! So that L'Oreal one works you say? Sweet! I'll have to keep it in mind when I run out. I'm the same way-if I stop using something like that the spots come back. I wish I could laser them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep thinking about laser treatment too - I couldn't believe how those spots came back with a vengeance once I stopped using the moisturiser! And, yes, I was using sunscreen when I was on vacation so I was horrified to see the hyper-pigmentation.

      Delete
  2. Nice to hear that the L'oreal cream works! My spot-corrector of choice is from Vichy right now, though I also find that the Clinique one works as well. And ooh, I wish I had a lavender hand cream! So soothing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lavender hand cream was dreamy! I'd definitely recommend it if you love lavender :) And now you've got me wanting to try Clinique's spot corrector too!

      Delete
  3. I agree re: L'Oreal - was so skeptical about their skincare claims even though I really like their makeup.

    It was really tempting to get a bunch of C&E hand creams while they were on sale during the holidays, but I'm kind of drowning in hand creams and held off. Now I want it again! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to tempt you! If it makes you feel better I bought the hand cream on sale too - C & E are quite expensive usually!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...