20 September, 2012

Missha M Shimmer Blending Ball Blusher - No.2 Peach Glow (Review & swatches)


Missha's M Shimmer Blending Ball Blusher captured the most interest of the Missha items I'd recently purchased so by request here are my first impressions - with lots of pictures of course...


This is such a beautifully packaged item and you know that's always going to be a big drawcard for me!  The pretty silver lidded blush pot caught my attention as soon as I saw it in the store.  As you can see in the picture below the lid flips open to reveal an inset mirror and a flat natural bristle brush neatly encased in the top compartment, with the baked blush balls sealed off in the clear plastic container beneath.  I actually feel happier about the container being plastic because there's no fear of the tub shattering on the bathroom floor!


Now let's take a closer look at these gorgeously shimmery blush balls. There's a mix of 5 variations of pink, peach, and gold baked mineral and pearl powder balls which, when swirled together merge into a glowing shade of peach.  Missha says these little balls of colour contain "...11 kinds of flower extracts...to protect skin from oxidation and relax the skin" and the blush is designed to give you an "...elegant and glowing look" as it "lightens up your face".



The five variations up close, nestled gently in my hand - some rolled off and onto the floor after I took the pic but all survived the fall -  disaster averted!

So, I put this to the test and first impressions are good!  Initial arm swatches showed up as a lovely pink-peach blush with a good level of pigmentation and just the barest hint of sparkle in full sun. The colour was easily built up in 2 to 3 swipes...

Swatched heavily on the inside of my arm indoors in shade and direct sunlight:

The ultimate test was in the wearing and this is where I've fallen in love.  I used a stipple brush to swirl the colour onto my cheeks and I was left with a flush of peach and a healthy glow - the multidimensional shimmer means there's no need for highlighter.  Also, the effect is shimmer, not sparkle so it appears as a natural glow.  The lasting time was excellent too - considering I didn't prep or prime, the colour stayed put on my cheeks all day.

And here it is swatched on my bare, unprepped cheeks to show you the glow.  Yes, now I've shown you my bare cheeks - what's next?
 

Yes, I am in love with this blush - it's a little bit of affordable 'luxury'!


Until next time.

Vita :)

23 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! I MUST have it haha :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It reminds me of Guerlain's Meteorites but at probably half the cost - forgot to say these sell for just over $40!!

      Delete
  2. Looks beautiful on you and so does your liner, btw the packaging and those little colorful balls are to die for ..I could keep staring at it ..It sure is a beautiful looking product :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This IS a stunning product and thanks for noticing the liner too! The eye makeup wasn't a consideration at all - just my everyday look. The liner is my trusty Bordeauxline Powerpoint pencil from MAC if you're interested. I've been using this shade for years and now I'm onto my third one!

      Delete
  3. Wow, that's beautiful. Love the packaging too, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was no way I was going to pass up something so pretty, I can tell you!

      Delete
  4. I was just about to say it reminds me a little of Guerlain's Meteorites, but with more pigmentation! Love it, you have written a fantastic review! It looks like such a gorgeous product, the kind that not only performs well but just looks so pretty on the dressing table!

    Those are gorgeous photos and what's next...I believe you simply have to put up an FOTD! :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I'm going to struggle on Sunday because Missha has two other variations and I know I'm going to have to sample those - that's when it gets tricky, lol!

      Delete
    2. You so need those other two shades!!!

      Delete
  5. Ah, so pretty! I love that it's like a blush version of the Meteorites! I actually quite like that idea better than a translucent "glow" powder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I was impressed by that too - it's lovely to have a blush/highlighter in one. Makes it easy for makeup goofs like me, haha!!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks! Are you going to check it out IRL tomorrow? Hmmmm...?

      Delete
  7. Haha bare cheeks. This blush looks lovely. I always shy away from shimmery bronzers and blushes because I have such oily, uneven skin it accents everything. I love the idea though and the color is great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Someone got the reference to bare cheeks! At least they're not the 'other' cheeks, haha! Thanks xo

      Delete
  8. PRETTY BALLZZZZZZZZZ

    I think that's all. It's gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you Liz! Nice to see you back :)

      Delete
  9. Color is Lovely ~~~~
    thank you for sharing~ :)

    https://www.facebook.com/hotdeals.korea

    ReplyDelete
  10. Its beautiful!

    Wanted to let you know - i have used your picture for my store and also have linked it to your blog page as credit :) Hope thats okay! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Forgot to send you the link!

    https://www.facebook.com/Thewalkinclosetqatar/photos/a.1441477602761497.1073741834.1441103916132199/1443879579187966/?type=3&theater

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...