22 August, 2012

Witchery: Bronze

 Happy Hump Day lovelies!  I'm always happy to get the first half of the week out of the way :)

I wore this polish to go with a special outfit last Saturday night but straight up I've got to tell you it was a disappointment.  Australian fashion chain Witchery bring out seasonal nail polish and makeup collections to coordinate with their clothes and accessories and I bought Bronze to match a silk shirt I'd bought on sale at the same time.  So, the plan was this polish would accent beautifully with my new shirt, and another rust coloured knit dress in my wardrobe.  However...Bronze is lighter than I expected which makes it look more rose gold than bronze which is still okay-ish BUT it was very thick and brush-strokey.  This metallic polish just didn't work for me. Not loving this one unfortunately.

Now for some cloudy day pictures:




Until next time.

Vita :)

14 comments:

  1. The color looks pretty, shame that the texture and finish is not that good ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, if only it had applied a bit more smoothly it would have been a winner *sigh*

      Delete
  2. I didn't even know Witchery did nail polish! Love the colour but not so much the formula.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmm, it's not the best formula. Witchery have a little collection of polishes, lip glosses and eyeshadows on the counter. They're nicely packaged but I've found the quality is average...

      Delete
  3. I like the color but not the finish of this one - quite streaky, huh? Maybe if it were a foil finish...like MAC Soiree! (sorry, I don't know how to do accents on this crappy computer).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, a rose gold foil would be loverrly!!! Oh well, can't win them all :-/

      Delete
  4. the color is pretty, I don't like this type of finish though :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I was pretty disappointed. Thinner would solve the thick formula problem but I don't know if it would solve the streakiness??

      Delete
  5. I agree that the colour is pretty, I find these sorts of shades can be too streaky to work with but they are such nice colours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, if I could get the formula to cooperate this would be lovely!

      Delete
  6. That's such a gorgeous colour. I haven't tried any of Witchery's beauty products (mostly because my local westfield doesn't have it).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you get to a Witchery check them out, although I admit I've not been overly impressed with their cosmetics. They do have rather elegant minimalist packaging though!

      Delete
  7. This looks more rose-gold than bronze to me. It's a pretty shade but not the kinds I'm drawn to. Sorry it didn't work out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gotta show off the fails alongside the successes! Bronze, no. Rose gold, yes definitely :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...