13 June, 2012

An accidental L'Oreal favourite: True Match Blush 125 (Nude Pink)

This was a by chance purchase and I wanted to share it with other pale skinned girls because I love it! 

My local pharmacy was selling out all of their L'Oreal stock at 50% off so I dove into the discount bin and bought a True Match blush for around $13AUD (instead of the usual $25.95)!  I like bright and pretty pink and peachy blush shades but it's also great to have something a bit more nude-toned to wear as a natural, low key tone for every day and Nude Pink looked like it would fit that bill for me.


As you can see in the open pan Nude Pink is the perfect description for this blush as it's a neutral toned nude pink making it perfectly suited for fair to medium skin-toned girls, or *ahem* women, like me.  The packaging of pan itself is a great little design for a drugstore/pharmacy product as it has two compartments:  the blush in the top, and a wide, curved brush sits in the bottom compartment which also houses a mirror, making this a great blush for carrying in my makeup purse.  I do find the brush is a bit stiff for effective blending but I always carry a blush brush in my makeup bag ready to use for touch ups anyway.



It's all about the product!  What I love most about this blush is that it doesn't just give me ultra natural colour on my cheeks, it also gives my cheeks a subtle glow - now we're not talking glitter or shimmer, we're definitely talking glow here.  My research assures me I'm not going mad either as according to the L'Oreal website the formulation "...features light-reflecting, ultra-fine pearlescent particles that melt delicately onto the skin producing a transparent kiss of colour...

In terms of wear, the colour does last most of the day and I'll get through my working day without the need for a touch up. 

Swatched indoors

I love my little bargain - I'd never have discovered this blush if not for the discount bin!

What makeup item have you bought on a whim that you love?

That's all for now

Vita :)

8 comments:

  1. I love the little jigsaw piece design on it, how cute!? I am frustrated by the price of 'drugstore' brands so good on you for getting it for a great price :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, we always manage to pay at least twice the price for O/S brands. I'd say $13 is more of a fair price for this.

      Delete
  2. I used to be a big fan of L'Oreal True Match blushes until I turned into a blush fiend and started making my way through all the other brands. I love those clearance sales! Great bargain for a lovely wearable shade. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh you blush fiend you, haha! I'm turning into one too!!! Time to reign it in again...

      Delete
  3. I like the puzzle imprint :D It's very cute! The shade itself is lovely, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The imprint is really cute isn't it?? L'Oreal's packaging is generally pretty good for a drugstore brand - I just wish they (and Revlon for that matter) were a little more affordable for the Australian market...

      Delete
  4. Seems like L'Oreal is making lots of room for their new product lines. I've noticed that most of their stock are currently on clearance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's hope so! I'm hopeful they'll revamp the whole nail polish range to the new smaller bottles they're currently selling in the L'Or Electric Collection. I'm also looking forward to the new glossy lippy line I've seen reviewed lately in UK blogs. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...