23 May, 2012

Back 2 MAC: Rebel satin lipstick swatched (and a purchase)

Oh Rebel lipstick, how much do I love thee?  


 A lot obviously because this is my second tube!  Now that's saying something because it's pretty rare that I'll repurchase a lipstick shade with all the new shades (or variations of) and finishes constantly catching my eye.  I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm usually a bit of a lipstick whore so you won't see me buying multiple back-ups of my one and only HG lipstick.  OK, so now you realise how special I think Rebel is and why it was my Back 2 MAC choice!

Rebel is from MAC's  satin finish line so it's semi-matte but feels weightless on the lips and I don't find it drying at all.  The pigmentation is rich and true, doesn't bleed and fades evenly after eating or drinking.  I'm a fan of the satin formula but it's the a-may-zing colour I'm in love with - Rebel looks a little deceptively scary in the tube but on the lips this becomes the most flattering shade of beet.  It's vibrant but not too light and bright and I think it would suit most colouring.  It's a lovely day to night shade and when it fades, leaves a flattering stain on my lips. 

Oh, I also made another repurchase while I was at the MAC counter and bought my favourite everyday purple eyeliner Bordeauxline.  This Powerpoint pencil liner has just the right hint of plum/purple to set off my green eyes without being too distracting.  Offce appropriate but not boring!  I love my plums, beets and berries at this time of the year!

L-R:
Bordeauxline & Rebel



Now for the money shots.  I'm getting a little more confident at doing lip swatches and I wanted to show you just how lovely Rebel looks in action...

Daylight

Indirect light

What's your favourite winter bright?

Until next time.

Vita :)

16 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I love the new MAC sets they have released, sooo many great choices :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) MAC brings out so many collections that I get a bit overwhelmed because I want it all! Rebel's a classic shade and has been in their core line for years. xo

      Delete
  2. Really beautiful lipstick, looks great on you; I love shades like these, also having green eyes I wear purple eyeliners and eyeshadows very often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Purple's a nice pop of colour without being outrageous. Another green-eyed girl - great!

      Delete
  3. That's so pretty! I think I have a YSL shade that's extremely close, otherwise I'd pick this up, too! I love vampy shades like this :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I remember that YSL from your blog post Larie - it's stunning! I must revisit because I think I may just buy it when my ban's over :)

      Delete
  4. Oh wow, it looks amazing on you! So perfect for that fall season you're in right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Liz :) Rebel makes for a nice change from the usual reds and burgundies. I can promise you I'll be wearing it A LOT!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. One swatch and you'll be in love Michelle. It was out of stock originally when I went to the MAC counter and I couldn't find any other colour which was even close to Rebel. It's unique in MAC's vast array of shades!

      Delete
  6. Definitely trying that liner! Another green eyed girl over here, have been looking for the perfect shade to make them pop. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this is the third (or fourth?) time I've bought Bordeauxline. I love the colour and the longevity - the line stays put all day so it's perfect for work :)

      Delete
  7. Man, Rebel looks so good on you! I never use mine because the few times I used it, it just looked rubbish on me. I'll have to dig it out though, maybe I can make it work...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you could! I love how you layer your lip looks so there's gotta be an awesome combination in there somewhere...

      Delete
  8. love the dark red shade. it looks nice on your lips too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...