21 April, 2012

My beauty wishlist - April edition

As Project 10 Pan's nearly complete I'm getting that itch to spend on cosmetics again.  I don't discriminate between luxe and budget items but my rationale for the rest of this year will be to try to buy fewer but truly gorgeous items for my return to the beauty consumer world rather than going overboard with quantity.  I'd like to continue being just a little discretionary with how I spend my beauty dollar this year...

Here are some department store items on my beauty radar at the moment.  It doesn't cost anything to dream:


MAC Extra Dimension Collection
[Source]
All the blog posts I've been reading lately about these eyeshadows and skin finishes have whipped me up into a bit of a frenzy.  I love the colours and the shimmery, metallic finish.  These look like the perfect jewel tones for the cooler months.  Not to mention the gorgeous sculpted finish in the pan - irresistible!


MAC blush - Immortal Flower
[Source]
This is one of the blush shades from another new MAC collection: Tres Cheek.  I love the soft peach/pink tone.  This matte blush would be a great goof-proof colour, so perfect for a soft hint of health on paler cheeked gals like me.


Tom Ford eyeshadow palette
[Source]
I'm really stretching it here but as I said my dreams don't charge me anything!  I'd just love to add one of these gorgeously sleek TF palettes to my collection. Simply covetable.


Chanel Glossimer Lip Gloss
[Source]
This will have to wait until I've completed my lip gloss ban.  I've decided my next lip gloss will be a Glossimer.  I have one lonely interlinked C gloss and love it - it needs a friend!


  What's on your wishlist??

Have a great weekend!

Vita :)

15 comments:

  1. How amazing do those MAC shadows look?!
    I will be picking up the pewter shade, it's like it was made for me. The blushes from Tres Cheek seem really nice as well, I definitely don't need a new blush but I don't have many matte pink (I have one,maybe two) and I'm almost out of one of them. I like the idea that you will only indulge in cosmetics that are truly beautiful, I think that is a great lesson to have come from a Project Pan. I'm proud of you :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emma, I've had a lot of time to think now (nearly 4 mths!) about how I want to spend my money :)

      Delete
  2. the Guerlain limited edition spring eye palette and eye kajal are on my list :) I'm trying to justify the price

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guerlain palettes are very luxurious too! I have one I was lucky enough to pick up at the stocktake sales last year :)

      Delete
  3. Oh Vita I love your wish list! I was never much of a makeup girl but a few months ago I kicked things in gear and I was buying a lot stuff bought a lot of lipsticks... Thankfuly I had a lot eye shadows put up that never used so that saved me some lol .... Then I started reading beauty blogs which absolutely got me in trouble! Let's say I ordered the Mac Exta Dim highlighter which is now practically sold out everywhere... And I ordered Inmortal Flower :) and I have so many other items in my wish list like the chanel lipgloss and blush :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Iris! That's the thing about beauty blogs - they can be a big influence. It's like being in a virtual candy shop for beauty addicts!

      Delete
  4. You are so right - dreams don't cost anything! Haha. I have the Whisper of Gilt skinfinish, and it is quite lovely, but after swatching all of the eye shadows in store, I passed (if that helps!). Modern Pewter was my favorite, though, and I did waffle on that one quite a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be checking out the MAC shadows if I get to the range in time - I just need to satisfy my curiosity!

      Delete
  5. Hey, I didn't notice that about the applicators but I guess you're right. The applicators are rarely any good so I do wonder why the prestige cosmetics houses bother with them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. perfect choices! The Tom Ford palette looks devine! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anni, I'm going for all out glam! :)

      Delete
  7. That TF palette looks amazing! :) I can see why everything here is on your wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I think after a 4mth no buy I can justify at least one of these items! xo

      Delete
  8. Good job with getting through your ten pan Vita! Definitely spoil yourself after ur done:) I'm actually lusting after the YSL glossy stains but i have a ton of stuff i want but definitely don't need :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be happy to shop for a few nice things guilt-free!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...