12 February, 2012

Nail It! Skeleton

Hello

My hands and nails have copped a bit of abuse this past week.  First I badly tore the cuticle on one of the fingers of my swatching hand at the start of the week, then I went and tore two fingernails down to the quick - fortunately on the other hand.  Result:  I've had to crop these pictures to spare you my cuticle gore, and after the breaking debacle I've had to nubbinise my nails so they look reasonably neat and even. 

OK, enough of my little sob story.  The mani I'm posting is what I wore for my first day back at the office.  I wanted something non-committal to wear so I chose Skeleton, another of my polishes from Sportsgirl's Nail It! range.  This light grey creme reminds me of putty.  It's an on-trend neutral and I wanted to love it but I don't think this shade particularly loves my complexion:

 Outdoors shade


Sun

I hope you're enjoying your weekend.

Vita :)

11 comments:

  1. I was so close to buying this when I realised I already had a bunch of unused greys and neutrals in my collection... I love the really subtle shimmer in the bottle though, does it show up on the nail?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This polish looks like a flat grey creme on the nail. I had another look at my bottle in the sun and couldn't see any shimmer there either. I must have scored the less interesting batch!

      Delete
  2. I have never actually worn grey nail polish and I'm not really sure why. This is very pretty! It seems like one of those shades that will go with just about everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soft grey is a really easy colour to wear if you can carry off cool tones. I think this particular shade has been discontinued from Sportsgirl's line but OPI's Skull and Glossbones from Pirates of the Carribbean would be a pretty close match.

      Delete
  3. Great colour! Looks fabulous and I'm sorry for your nail woes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Liz. I was feeling pretty sorry for myself because those torn nails really hurt! I've very carefully filed them so they don't catch on anything and they're okay now - I know I'm a big wussy girl!

      Delete
  4. I love that grey colour. It looks so natural and classy. Love it!

    www.21saraloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grays are some of my faves for nail polish yet I down own a single one. I HAVE to get one now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it Vintage! Grey makes a nice alternative to nude or soft pink :)

      Delete
  6. ooh i love this colour! I had no clue Sportsgirl sold nail polishes.. mind you, I haven't entered a Sportsgirl store in quite a few years. lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...