01 September, 2011

REVIEW: Products farewelled in August



At the end of July I'd finished 46 beauty products - now here are 9 more to add to my yearly beauty consumption tally!
 
 
Skin care

47) Natio Ageless Gentle Cleansing Milk (30ml/1.0fl.oz travel size)
The products in Natio's Ageless skin care range are plant based and contain organic Rosehip oil which is rich in Vitamin C and antioxidants. This was my first experience with Natio's facial skin care and I really enjoyed using this cleanser because of its lovely essential oil scent and how it left my skin feeling clean but not stripped or tight. 

Pros:
  • Light textured, milky formula which rinses off easily or can be wiped away with a cotton pad
  • Skin feels moisturised after cleansing
  • Pleasant natural fresh fragrance 
  • Plant based, containing Rosehip, Sweet Almond and Sesame
  • Reasonably priced at $15.40AUD per full sized product (125ml/4.2fl.oz) 
Cons:
  • None
Would I buy this again?
Yes, this is a lovely luxurious budget cleanser.


48) Revlon Age Defying Day Cream (15ml/0.5fl.oz)
I picked this up as part of a gift with purchase.  It's super-rich cream and according to the packaging a firming, anti-wrinkle formula.  This little tube lasted me quite a few days because I only needed to use a small amount due to its rich texture.  I also did feel some kind of firming effect on my skin, although I attributed it to the thickness of the cream as the sensation only lasted immediately after I applied it. Obviously, only using it for days rather than weeks I can't say that I noticed any of the anti-wrinkle properties.

Pros:
  • Great formula for winter-parched skin as it's suited for normal to dry skin
  • Rich formula goes a long way
  • Absorbs well into the skin and provides a smooth base for makeup
  • Skin feels firmer immediately after applying
  • Contains SPF 15
  • Subtle fragrance
  • Moderately priced at $46AUD for a 50ml jar
Cons:
  • This formula would be too rich for normal to oily skin, i.e. my skin in summer (however there is a lighter lotion formula available for normal to oily skin types)
Would I buy this again?
I like this product and at less than $50AUD I'd consider buying it to use in winter or if my skin's feeling dehydrated and needs a pick-me-up.


49) Shiseido Benefiance Daytime Protective Emulsion SPF 15 (15ml/.5fl.oz)
Ah, Shiseido, my HG skin care brand...Another GWP sample I had to try.  This was a light silky lotion which smelt glorious, absorbed quickly and made my skin instantly feel softer without any hint of greasiness.  I won't do a full review because this product's now been superseded by Shiseido's new Benefiance 'WrinkleResist24' Day Emulsion. 

    Hand care

    50) OPI Polish Remover (non-oily, moisturizing formula) 
    My sixth bottle this year so say no more. (for the original review click here).

    51) Dove Visible Beauty Hand Cream (75ml)
    This was a nice and light, super quick absorbing hand cream, which instantly gave me silky hands!  Only downside for me was the lingering zesty fragrance was a little too overpowering for my taste. (For a full review click here ).

    52) L'Occitane Dry Skin Hand Cream (30ml)
    My HG hand cream, lovely and rich because of the 20% shea butter content.  I use this when my hands need heavy duty moisture or just before bed for an overnight moisture treatment. A definite repurchase. (Click here for my original review).


    Cosmetics

    53)  MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder (NC 20)
    This is the second MAC powder I've finished this year.  I use this every day to set my makeup and keep away the shinies.  I love the sheer soft finish this gives to my skin.  (Click here for my full review).

    54) MAC Eye Shadow (Soft Force - Veluxe Pearl finish)
    This was a very glam shimmery gold limited edition shadow from the Style Warrior Collection.  I used it on the inner corners of my eyes for a subtle daytime highlight or all over the lid for a more glamorous evening eye.  I love my MAC shadows because of their rich pigmentation, silky texture and long lasting wear. I can always find new gems in MAC's vast array of shades and finishes.


    Fragrance

    55) YSL Opium Eau de Toilette (75ml)
    This was a gift from Hubby.  This is a very sexy, heady oriental fragrance my Hubby loves on me and it's my date night scent.  According to YSL, Opium has topnotes of mandarin, bergamot, lily of the valley; a heart of jasmine, carnation, myrrh; and a base of vanilla, amber, sweet myrrh, and patchouli.  It's a very potent scent and for evening wear only!  I will definitely repurchase this - unless my husband buys it first. ;)


    That's it for another month. I wonder how close I'll get to 100 empties by the end of the year?

    Until next time

    Vita :)

    8 comments:

    1. wow, you finished a lot of products! last month i didnt finish a thing but this month i finished around 10 ish this month!
      Grace xx

      ReplyDelete
    2. Woah, Vita! I'm impressed, you've done great! :)

      I'll have mine up soon, not nearly as many as you've finished though.

      ReplyDelete
    3. @Grace - 10 products in one month is pretty impressive! xoxo

      @Vintage Makeup - Thanks! I can't wait to see what you've used up this month. xoxo

      ReplyDelete
    4. Wow, you finished an entire eyeshadow? :D The only eyeshadows I get through are brow highlight shadows, and they're usually small ones in palettes. >__> I'm envious!

      ReplyDelete
    5. @Silhouette Screams - If it's a base shade and I love it I can usually get through it - just because I'll use it nearly every day!

      ReplyDelete
    6. I love empties posts! I'm trying to empty as many things as possible as well, but it's a real struggle. Very motivating to see how well you're doing!!

      ReplyDelete
    7. @Liz - It's strangely satisfying doing these posts. Trouble is, I seem to buy more than I use. I need to be a beauty reductionista like you!

      ReplyDelete
    8. These empties posts are wonderful! Love them :)

      ReplyDelete

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...