01 June, 2011

REVIEW: Products farewelled in May

You can tell the weather's getting colder.  Half of this month's empties are to prevent parched skin!



Continuing with my progressive tally here's what I thought of these.


24) OPI Polish Remover  (non-oily, moisturizing formula)
My fourth bottle for the year and not my last!  For my original review click here.

25) Natio Spa Heavenly Hand Cream
I've been using this since March just to get rid of it.  The product is okay but I don't like the particularly 'green' grassy fragrance.  I won't be buying this again.  For a more detailed review on both this and the Redwin Sorbolene Moisturiser (below) click here.

26) Redwin Sorbolene Moisturiser
This is a hard-working favourite of mine for my hands and actually it's a great multi-tasker that can be used as a body moisturiser, shaving cream, to soothe sunburn and nappy rash.  I wouldn't hesitate to repurchase this.


27) OPI RapiDry Top Coat
I've used several bottles of this over the years and it's great at sealing my manicure quickly and lets me get on with things without worrying about dented or sheet-printed manicures.

Pros:
  • My manicure is touch-dry within five minutes
  • Provides a high shine finish
  • Gives my mani durability (up to a week)
Cons:
  • You need to use lacquer thinner to extend the life of this product (otherwise it becomes too thick after about two-thirds use)
  • The brush actually broke on this bottle!
  • Price:  $25.95AUD
Would I buy this again?
Actually I have, but I'm also a fan of Sally Hansen's quick-drying products when I'm on a budget.


28) Aveeno Daily Moisturising Lotion
I bought this as a two-pack from Costco a few months ago because I was already a bit of a fan of the Aveeno hand cream and figured I'd give this a try as well.  This is very similar in formula to the Aveeno hand cream as it contains natural colloidal oatmeal to prevent and protect dry skin and claims to moisturise your skin "...for a full 24 hours".

Pros:
  • Good for sensitive skin
  • Fragrance free so doesn't compete for attention with your perfume
  • Makes my wintery skin silky soft and prevents the usual scaly dry skin
  • Soothes itchy dry skin immediately
  • Absorbs well,  non-greasy
  • Large bottle size - 354ml/12fl.oz
Cons:
  • I found the pump mechanism made it difficult to get the last bits of lotion out of the bottle
Would I buy this again?
I've already got a back-up because of the twin pack but I'd definitely buy this again for winter moisturising and preventing the usual crocodile skin.


29) Lancome Rouge Attraction Lipstick (Orange Hypnose) - Discontinued 
I bought this lipstick at half-price a few years ago and it's been my staple evening lippy ever since.  This was a faintly sparkly orange-red lippy with a semi-matte finish.  The formula was heavily pigmented with good staying power and no bleeding.  I'm disappointed these lipsticks have been discontinued otherwise I'd certainly consider buying this again because of its unusual finish and the gorgeous luxe packaging (matte silver bullet with slanted gold-tipped lid).




*Thanks to everyone for their comments on yesterday's post.  Here are my comments right back at you:

@Izabella - Thanks!

@Leanne - Glad you're a purple fan too.  I really loved MAC's Rebel and used it up to the last drop.  I have a friend who still has a bottle on hand.  I might see if I can borrow it to post a swatch for you!

@Melyssa - thanks for the tips on Blogger.  I'm going to get my Hubby to check it out this weekend to see if we can solve this ourselves too :)

@Vintage - Thanks!  Ingrid swatch coming soon!

@McDiaz714 - Shame this colour didn't work out for you.

@Makeup and Macaroons - Hi Lilit, glad you liked the swatch!  Seems we're all having Blogger probs at the moment :(

That's all for now.

Vita :)

5 comments:

  1. :) I still haven't finished anything, I'm the worst, haha!

    Good work Vita, the lipstick packaging was lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these posts :) It gives such a good idea of what you really thought when you finish a whole product, as opposed to trying it for a day or two. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! I just wish I could finish a bottle of polish :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay finally I can comment again too!
    I just picked up the green OPI from the post office today. very excited to use it since i LOVE putting on nail polish and I HATE taking it off. I think we all agree on this ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Bini - Great to have you back! Yeah, putting on nailpolish is sooo much better than removing it :(

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...