21 May, 2011

OPI: Nutcracker Sweet glitter top coat

Ooooh,  I love how a little bit of sparkle can dress up a mani!!  I applied two coats of an old limited release OPI glitter top coat (Nutcracker Sweet) to add some oomph to my week-old Aussie Beach polish.  This nail polish is very old and hard to find these days.  I purchased my bottle as part of the Victorian Holiday Collection YEARS ago on the Australian TV Shopping Network (TVSN).

Nutcracker Sweet contains a mix of fine bronze and holographic glitter so it creates a party on your nails and twinkles in the light. My one criticism is the dry time which is very slow, and the polish remains soft so a finishing layer of quick dry top coat is a must.  Apart from that, the effect is just gorgeous!


Outdoors shade


Full sun - see the light twinkling on my pinky?


Lamplight


I'd love to try this top coat over a vampy brown creme or black.

Until my next post.

Vita :)



6 comments:

  1. Hi vita what's your favorite nail polish remover??

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks stunning! I'm also curious to know your fave nail polish remover :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Bini - For ages its been the green OPI polish remover because it's effective and it's a moisturising formula so it doesn't dry out my nails. I've also been hearing good things about Zoya Remove recently so I might order me some of that to try for a comparison.

    @Vintage - Thanks for the compliment :) As per my comments to Bini, I use the green OPI polish remover.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks Vita. I love changing my nail colours but sometimes taking one colour off is just such a chore it takes away all the fun. I have been considering buying pure Acetone LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, I just wanted to say thanks so much for stopping by my blog! ♥

    LOVE LOVE LOVE that glittery polish on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @The Lip Print - Thank you so much for your lovely comment. I'm a fan of your blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...