03 February, 2011

Back to work: Lip colours for the office

Hi!

As my son's back to school that means one thing:  I'm back to work.  I work in a semi-conservative office  where I have to dress in corporate attire so there are some things that just won't cut it.  I can't wear outrageous make-up or nail polish as I have to look professional (although I push the nail colour boundaries a bit unless I'm attending important meetings!)

I thought I'd share my office-appropriate lipstick wardrobe with you.  These colours work well with my skin tone and don't look ghoulish under the fluorescent lighting.  FYI I'm quite fair but with a golden undertone to my skin if that makes sense.

Here are the colours I'll be having on high rotation for the rest of the summer:


The colours from L - R in detail are:
  • Loreal Made for me Naturals (233 Taffeta) - soft shimmer nude, suitable for blondes according to the packaging
  • MAC Amplified (Cosmo) - warm creme deep nude, high in pigment
  • MAC Cremesheen (Hot Gossip) - soft shimmer natural pink
  • Chanel Rouge Coco (Legende) - medium pink with soft shimmer.  This is the shade worn by Vanessa Paradis in the Chanel advertisements.  I thought it was going to be a soft coral-red, but it's actually a grown-up pink
  • MAC Lustre (Lustering) - hot, but not screaming, pink creme.  Great for a pop of summer colour
  • MAC Cremesheen (Crosswires) - coral creme

And some swatches:

Top-Bottom/L-R:  Taffeta, Cosmo, Hot Gossip, Legende, Lustering, Crosswires

I've checked and all of these shades are currently available from each of the brands mentioned if any take your fancy.

That's all for now.

Vita :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...